Sunday, May 16, 2010

The OtherWise Exhibit


My last gallery show at Uarts was the OtherWise exhibit. It was installed in two parts; the first was hung in the Caplan at UArts. The pieces in the image to the left are frames from a monotype animation done by independent animator Claire Fouquet.

I, along with my friend Michelle, installed the blue room in the above images.


We deinstalled on Friday, and re-installed in the B2 Café on the same day. It took us 9 hours, but it was a lot of fun. The café has amazing food and the best vegan smoothies I've ever tasted. I'm not a vegan. I love steak. But those smoothies were freaking amazing. B2 is located on the corner of Dickenson and Passyunk. Go there. Get a smoothie. Enjoy.

I, Mara, Michelle, and Rachel stared at that wall and moved stuff around on it for hours...

The show opened Saturday evening. I wasn't in town for it, unfortunately, but I know it turned out great. I'm not sure what I'm going to do without Gallery One, the gallery I've been a part of for the past four years, now that I'm graduating. I love installing work in new and old spaces. I think I'm going to find another gallery job to go with animating. The two go great together; create frames and then display them, either as a film or as artistic stills in a gallery. I don't know, I'll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment