Sunday, June 27, 2010

DC and Disney


Batman will be in TWO new animated films. The first is Superman/Batman Apocalypse, and the second is Batman: Under The Red Hood. I am super-excited for both.






On a completely unrelated topic...well, sort of unrelated, Disney's live-action version of The Sorcerer's Apprentice will include the infamous mop scene that made up the entirety of the original. Does that make me excited for this movie? No. But it eases my woes slightly. From the trailer, I don't doubt it'll be a decent summer flick, something fun to watch on a lazy afternoon. Still...something irks me about the idea of turning a scene from Fantasia into a full-legnth film. Fantasia was a collection of animated sequences based on music. They were the rendition of what a group of artists saw when they heard the songs. Yes, they were worked and re-worked, as most films are, but they had a certain purpose.

On the other hand, there are a couple of sequences from Fantasia that would be cool as feature-legnth films, but whatever. It's late and I'm tired. This mop scene actually looks pretty fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment