Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Lame Backgrounds, Scanty Drawings

I doodled a little fanart of Scanty and Kneesocks a while ago, and since then have been failing at coming up with a background for it. As you can see, I left it a lame solid black until my brain stops being stupid. I know I should have thought of this beforehand, but I was too focused on Scanty's hair and Kneesocks'...well, socks.

If you're not aware, these two are from a show by Gainax called Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. While the style of the show looks like The Powerpuff Girls had a baby with The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, I assure you that this show is not for kids by any means. In fact, it's fairly NSFW.


Scanty and Kneesocks are two of the recurring "bad guys" in the show. The main characters, Panty and Stocking, are "angels" looking to kill ghosts and collect coins from Heaven. When a ghost explodes, the show goes from 2D to stop-motion. Simple plot, crazy style. If you're not easily offended--and I mean REALLY easy-going, cause some of the plots are pretty WTF-- give it a look-see. It's quite immature, and many times unnecessarily scandalous, but interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment