Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Update madness!

Yowza! It's been some time since I've posted here. Here's what I've been up to:


Off The Leash Fundraiser

If you're not yet familiar with Off The Leash, an online puppet show in the works from Rachel Gitlevich and Walter Wertz, get familiar. It's fantastic, and I'm not just saying that as an avid puppet fan. I attended a recent fundraiser for the show, and had a great time. Here is their second promo. You can see the rest on their website.

Off the Leash Promo 2 from Off the Leash on Vimeo.




The Ogre and the Mermaid

This is a short film for which I have the pleasure of doing traditional pencil animation. I find traditional animation styles to be extremely zen. Check out the film's progress here. Drawing the mermaid is loads of fun. I am really putting myself to the test with that hair, as I've never had to animate hair in such a way before. I'm learning a lot in the process. Nothing teaches a person to draw fluidly quite like animating a mermaid in water.


I am also getting ready to teach another comic book workshop with Mighty Writers. It's going to be a blast. This time, the class will be illustrating words based on their etymologies. Nerd power! Mighty Writers is a great non-profit organization that teaches kids from the ages of 7 to 17 writing skills. If you live around the Philadelphia area, why not volunteer to be a tutor? Working with the kids there is a fantastic experience.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment