Thursday, August 28, 2014

I Taught A Class and It Didn't Go Horribly Wrong

This past July (and the first part of August), I had the thrill of teaching the Digital Animation class for the summer youth program at a local college. My students were in high school--that lovely age between being a hormonal, angst-ridden middle school kid, and pretending to know what you're doing after graduation. It reminded me of what I loved and hated about high school, but most importantly, it reminded me why I love animation. It really is the greatest art form I've come to know thus far.

I learned a lot from the experience, and I'm jumping to teach more classes. I've taught students from different age groups before, but high school students are my favorite to work with. They have just the right blend of cynicism and hope, ya know?

No comments:

Post a Comment