Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pure Light

Two posts back to back. I haven't been as regular as I would like. I say that often, but I mean it.

I've been translating Rumi's poem, "Pure Light," into Solresol. It's going slowly, but I need to do it for my own sanity.

Pure Light from Janelle Smith on Vimeo.

A few notes:
1) The brownish color is supposed to be orange.
2) It goes rather quickly. At the moment, I'm just dropping things in before I perfect the timing.
3) For those who didn't bother to click the link above, Solresol is a language invented in the late 1800s by a French gentleman named Franรงois Sudre. It combines the 7 colors of the rainbow (ROYGBIV) into words and phrases. These colors correspond to the 7 main musical notes (Do, Re, Mi, Fa, So, La, and Ti), for an entirely visual and equally musical language.

In other words, it's a whole crazy world of fun, and it's keeping me sane. Ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment